It is our great pleasure to announce the 24th International Symposium on Metastable, Amorphous and Nanostructured Materials (ISMANAM 2017), which will take place in San Sebastian, Spain from 18th till 23d June, 2017.
The ISMANAM conference is a multidisciplinary forum that promotes international scientific and technological exchanges on all aspects related to Metastable, Amorphous and Nanostructured Materials.
The ISMANAM conference series started in 1994, when the 1st Symposium was held in Grenoble (France). The first event was followed by the subsequent symposia organized in Quebec (1995), Rome (1996), Sitges (1997), Wollongong (1998), Dresden (1999), Oxford (2000), Ann Arbor (2001), Seoul (2002), Foz do Iguaçu (2003), Sendai (2004), Paris (2005), Warsaw (2006), Corfu Island (2007), Buenos Aires (2008), Beijing (2009), Zürich (2010), Gijón (2011), Moscow (2012), Turin (2013), Cancún (2014), Paris (2015) and Nara (2016).
It is our hope that the tradition of holding international scientific events in San Sebastian will continue. During the past 15 years we organized several international conferences, such as Magnetism of Nanophase Materials (1998), Recent Research on Novel Magnetic Structures and Their Applications (2000), International Workshop on Magnetic Wires (2001), Third Joint European Magnetic Symposia, JEMS-2006, International Workshop on Magnetic Wires (2008), Recent Trends on Nanomagnetism, Spintronics and Applications (RTNSA-2011), Donostia International Conference on Nanoscaled Magnetism and Applications (DICNMA 2013) and Donostia International Workshop on Energy, Materials, and Nanotechnology (DINEMN 2015).
We invite all members of the international scientific community interested in new developments in Metastable, Amorphous and Nanostructured Materials to attend and to submit their latest findings to ISMANAM 2017. The conference will provide a range of oral and poster presentations, invited talks and symposia, and exhibits. We solicit abstracts on experimental, theoretical and simulation research in the following areas:
- Nanostructured materials (including nano- micro-crystalline and granular materials, thin films, coatings and low-dimensional materials
- Glasses (oxides and polymers)
- Metallic glasses (bulk, rapidly quenched)
- Atomic and electronic structure
- Advanced preparation and processing techniques toward amorphous and nanostructured materials (including mechano-synthesis, mechanical alloying, rapid quenching, deformation…)
- Magnetic properties of amorphous and nanostructured materials
- Physical (mechanical, chemical, transport) properties of amorphous and nanostructured materials
- Phase transformations
- Crystallization processes, clustering and ordering in amorphous materials
- Porous materials (including macro- meso- and nanoporous metals and oxides prepared by different techniques)
- Advanced energy materials
Tentatively we agreed that selected (after peer-review) papers from the conference will be published in Journal of Alloys and Compounds. Only one paper per registered participant will be published.
We cordially invite you to attend the conference, actively participate in its sessions, and contribute to the continued success of this conference series. Up-to-date information on all aspects of the conference will appear soon on the conference webpage: www.ismanam2017.org
The site of the conference is San Sebastian, a friendly, cosmopolitan, city on the beach of the Basque Gulf, capital of Guipuzcoa (Province of the Basque Country, Spain). San Sebastian, nestled between the Coast Mountains and the Basque Gulf, is well known as a touristic resort for its majestic natural beauty and for its gastronomy. It is frequently ranked as one of the “best cities to live in” and is certainly a beautiful destination to visit. San Sebastian has been selected as the European Capital of Culture 2016. On behalf of the ISMANAM 2017 organizers, we look forward to seeing you in San Sebastian and to joining an exciting and enjoyable conference.
The conference will be held in the “Miramar palace” located between the famous “Ondarreta” and “La Concha” beaches. The address is Paseo Miraconcha, 48, 20007 Donostia- San Sebastian, Guipuzcoa.
The abstracts submission will be opened soon (www.ismanam2017.org). For further information about the event and preliminary registration visit the web site, Please, spread this information among your colleagues.
If you require additional information on the conference venue, accommodation, onsite registration and tourist information, do not hesitate to contact the Conference Secretariat at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website “www.ismanam2017.org” (abstract submission, proceedings publication, preliminary registration).
We are looking forward to meeting you in San Sebastian!
- M. Atzmon, USA
- M.D. Baró, SPAIN
- W.J. Botta, BRASIL
- A. Calka, AUSTRALIA
- M. Chen, JAPAN/CHINA
- J. Eckert, GERMANY, AUSTRIA
- G.A. Evangelakis, GREECE
- A.L. Greer, UK
- S. Kaloshkin, RUSSIA
- K. Kelton, USA
- A. Inoue, JAPAN
- T. Kulik, POLAND
- J. Löffler, SWITZERLAND
- N. Lupu, ROMANIA
- J. Perepezko, USA
- K. Samwer, GERMANY
- P. Tiberto, ITALY
- Prof. Pedro Algarabel (Zaragoza)
- Prof. Asunción García (Madrid)
- Prof. Blanca Hernando (Oviedo)
- Prof. Pilar Herrasti (Madrid)
- Prof. Roque Hidalgo (Granada)
- Prof. Ricardo López (Castilla-La Mancha)
- Prof. Antonio de Arellano López (Sevilla)
- Prof. José A. Odriozola (Sevilla)
- Prof. Toribio Fernández (Cartagena)
- Dr. Eva Maria Pellicer (Barcelona)
- Prof. Francisco Rivadulla (Santiago de Compostela)
- Prof. Javier Gil Sevillano (San Sebastián)
- Prof. Joan Josep Suñol (Girona)
Local organizing committee
- Prof. A. Zhukov (co-chair and conference organizer)
- Prof. J González (co-chair)
- Prof. J.M. Blanco
- Prof. L. Domínguez
- Dr. A. Chizhik
- Prof. J.J. Del Val
- Prof. A. Eceiza
- Dr. M. Ipatov
- Dr. V. Zhukova
- Dr. A. Tercjak
- Mr. J. Miňo
- Ms. O. Zhukova (Secretary, e-mail: email@example.com)
- Abstract submission opens January 15th 2017
- Abstract submission closes March 22th 2017
- Accept/reject notices sent April 20th 2017
- Conference registration will be open on 1st April 2017
- Early registration dates: – May 2nd, 2017
- Late registration dates: May 2nd– June 17th
- Hotel reservation deadline: May 15th 2017